Client: Qube Holdings
The Moorebank Logistics Park (MLP) is Australia’s largest freight infrastructure project. With direct rail access to Port Botany (Australia’s largest shipping port) it will provide a “twin terminal” intermodal facility with a capacity to transport up to 1.05 million TEU (twenty foot equivalent units) a year of Import- Export freight and another 0.5 million TEU of interstate freight per year, operated by automated container handling equipment 24/7.
Moorebank Logistics Park will also deliver 850,000sqm of high specification warehousing, as well as up to 8,000sqm of auxiliary commercial and retail services.
Ason Group has been involved in the project since 2018 providing a range of services including:
- The design of an automated Traffic Monitoring System. Using high-definition cameras and video analytics software, the System counts and classifies vehicles entering and exiting the Precinct.
- Due diligence advice including Traffic Impact Assessment of potential tenants of the high-spec warehousing. This analysis has included the application of Land Use Development Modelling and Aimsun Modelling to forecast the impacts related to specific operational characteristics of future tenants.
- Preparation of Traffic Management Plans to manage operational and construction traffic accessing the Site such that it is done in a safe and efficient manner.
Similar Ason Group Projects:
- Minto Intermodal Facility (Qube Holdings)
- Enfield Intermodal (Goodman / NSW Ports)
- Oakdale Industrial Estate (Goodman)