Ason Group was commissioned to assess the development of an Industrial Estate in Manchester Road, Auburn. The Site had been the subject of a number of mixed-use, residential and industrial proposals over a number of years, but none had processed through to a Development Application.
Further to a detailed iterative assessment, and with feedback from a broad Project Team in regard to potential yields, operations and access routes to the sub-regional road network, the Estate provides for:
- 6,770m2 of warehouse floorspace;
- 7,855m2 of ancillary office and hub floorspace;
- Over 600 on-site parking spaces; and
- Significant on-site servicing and loading infrastructure.
Our work included:
- A detailed review of the past development proposals for the Site, and moreover the identification of the impacts arising from these previous proposals (and means of mitigating them for the Estate).
- Extensive data collection along key routes between the Site and the sub-regional road network.
- Drone surveys along the key routes to fully understand peak period operations, specifically given the high number of access roads, intersections and queuing demands along these routes.
- Further to a detailed validation of existing network operations using all the survey data, SIDRA Network analysis of existing and future base operations, and then operations further to the operation of the Estate.
- Significant design work, particularly focused on the movement of B-Doubles across the Site, including access to all loading areas and minimising their interaction with light vehicles.
- Preparation of an Operational Traffic Management Plan to appropriately manage on and off-site heavy vehicle movements so as to maximise the safety and efficiency of the local road network.
- The Estate was approved for development in early 2020.
Similar Ason Group Projects:
- Oakdale Industrial Estate (Goodman)
- Aspire Industrial Estate, Mamre Road Precinct (Mirvac)
- Industrial Due Diligence (Charter Hall)
- Moorebank Intermodal (Qube Logistics)