Client: School Infrastructure
Estella Public School is a new primary school in Wagga Wagga, completed in early 2021. The school accommodates up to 480 students from years K-6.
Ason Group was involved in all stages of the school development, from initial concept design to post-construction operation, including the Active Transport Monitoring Program.
This program focuses on encouraging the use of sustainable modes of transportation, such as walking and cycling, identifying gaps in infrastructure and implementing measures to enhance active transport infrastructure and safety around public schools.
Our work included:
- Concept design and detailed design development of active transport infrastructure including signalised pedestrian crossings.
- Develop comprehensive safety guidelines for students, parents, and school staff regarding active transport.
- Ongoing monitoring of pedestrian and cyclist volumes to and from the school and identification of primary routes of travel.
- Visualisation of travel patterns using Tableau.
- Routine reporting to evaulate active travel volumes, benchmarking against mode share targets, identification of barriers to active travel and prioritisation of infrastructure upgrades and/ or improvements.
- Collaboration with local authorities, school administration, and transportation planners to identify areas requiring infrastructure improvements.