Clients: Goodman Properties (Aust) Pty Ltd and NSW Ports
Port Botany in Banksmeadow is Australia primary port for bulk liquid and gas and is home to New South Wales largest container facility. Ason Group was commissioned to prepare a 12-hour Aimsun microsimulation model for Coal Pier Road Industrial Precinct located in the vicinity of Port Botany.
Freight movements are of particular interest for existing and future network planning. TfNSW investigated multiple “Upgrade” options for a sustainable future, with primary focus on Botany Road and Foreshore Road corridors. This model enables future development impact assessment and option testing under multiple upgrade scenarios.
Our work included:
- Review demographics, socio-economic data, land-use and transport networks in Banksmeadow.
- Identify the origin and destination existing trips, local and passing traffic and review existing road network performance.
- Collate extensive traffic survey and mobile data for the traffic model development.
- Develop a calibrated and validated 12-hour microsimulation model in Aimsun.
- Support public sector to review road upgrade options and inform economic, financial analysis and planning for the gateway reviews.
Similar Ason Group Projects:
- FACS Site Parramatta Mixed Use Development.
- Ivanhoe Estate, Macquarie Park SSDA Masterplan and Stage 1.
- Redevelopment of Balmain Leagues Club at Rozelle.
- Oakdale West Estate Masterplan.